Do you wonder what’s the foods to avoid with hemorrhoids? We’d suggest this hemorrhoids diet tips to anyone interested in healing hemorrhoids, but also prevents it.
Hemorrhoids arise as veins in the rectum become inflamed. This condition results to terrible pain, itching, burning sensation at times, bleeding. It is not considered as a medical emergency and can be treated through simple diet modification.
Foods To Eat and Avoid That Helps Hemorrhoids Sufferers
Following a proper diet does not only heal hemorrhoids, but also prevents it. A healthy diet is not only beneficial for your digestive health since it can also make you feel good with your entire body from in and out. If you are among the hemorrhoid sufferers out there, you should know about the foods to eat and avoid in order to help improve your condition and quality of life.
Foods to Eat With Hemorrhoids
Hemorrhoid diet is focused on high fiber foods that are preferably natural or raw. To start with, here are some of the foods that you should consume to cure this condition:
- Juices– Juices like those made from berries works best for this issue. Apple juice is also recommended since it can help in softening the stool and promoting ease in bowel movement.
- Berries and currants – Berries like blueberries, blackberries and cherries contain substances such as proanthocyanidins and anthocyanins that can alleviate pain and swelling from piles by strengthening the affected veins. While currants are rich in minerals, vitamins and Vitamin C which can help in clearing the disease.
- Foods rich in iron – Foods that contain significant amounts of iron should be taken if you are suffering from bleeding hemorrhoids. Iron helps in building blood or maintains iron reserves. Some examples are chicken liver, raisins, apricots, tuna, broccoli, nuts and potatoes.
- Fruits – Fruits such as oranges, bananas, watermelon, apples, cantaloupe, mangoes, grapes and cherries to prevent constipation and facilitate digestion.
- Water – Apart from all the food items mentioned above, you should not forget to drink lots of water each day. Keeping yourself hydrated can prevent constipation.
Foods to Avoid With Hemorrhoids
Improper diet could make your hemorrhoids a lot worse. Thus, you should know about the foods to avoid in order to stop your condition from worsening. Here are some of them:
- Processed foods – Processed food items like chips, canned goods, sodas and others should be avoided. These can cause unhealthy digestion and may affect your bowel movement.
- Spicy foods – Chili peppers and other spicy flavored foods are not recommended for hemorrhoid sufferers. These could result to burning sensation in the anus making your condition worse.
- Other food items to avoid include coffee and other caffeine rich beverages, alcohol and red meat since these could make your stool too firm due to its high protein content.
- Eggs, pastries and breads made from white flour are also not good for this condition
The body has its own mechanism to tell if there is something not food with it. If you are suffering with hemorrhoids, this may mean that you are eating a poor diet. You may not believe it, but improper food choices can certainly result to or aggravate a health condition. Hence, observing a healthy diet can do so much in treating and preventing piles.
Now you understand what foods to avoid with hemorrhoids so if you aren’t already taking action and really need to start, now is the time to take action.