You may not openly admit it, but your hemorrhoids can really cause you a great deal of pain. Yet, it does not matter how you speak of the pain, but knowing how to get rid of hemorrhoids at home. This will save you from the discomforts and complications that may occur later on if you did not pay attention.
Understanding the Causes and Symptoms
Before you can actually treat hemorrhoids at home, you need to know about the causes. Essentially, this condition is brought about by the swollen veins that are situated in your anal area. It can be due to many things like abdominal pressure, straining during defecation, prolonged sitting, pregnancy, obesity and others.
By knowing about the causes, you will have a better understanding of the symptoms of hemorrhoids. In general, piles can cause the following symptoms:
- Bleeding especially during or after bowel movements
- Burning Sensation
Take note that, significant bleeding that occurs even after implementing home remedies require proper medical attention.
How To Get Rid Of Hemorrhoids At Home – Which Treatsments You Should Consider
So How to Get Rid of Hemorrhoids at Home?
Here are some of the itchy hemorrhoids treatments that you may try in the comforts of your own home:
- Soaking – Soaking the affected area in lukewarm batch for at least 15 minutes numerous times each day will greatly relieve this condition. You may dry the area using a soft tissue or towel.
- Proper hygiene – Bathing once a day with lukewarm water can keep the inflamed area clean. As much as possible, use mild soaps to prevent drying the area.
- Ice packs – Applying cold packs to the affected region for a few minutes several times daily will decrease irritation and swelling. At times, it can be alternated with hot packs if ice packs alone do not offer relief. Also, cool cryotherapy makes it possible for you to treat bleeding and inflamed tissue yourself, at home.
- Hemorrhoid pads – Avoid using dry tissue paper as its roughness can lead to more irritation and inflammation. Make use of soft or moist toilet paper, towels without any alcohol content or scent. Also, specially prepared hemorrhoid pads that are infused with ingredients like witch hazel can offer tremendous relief.
- Oil and ointments – Oils and ointments for piles with herb ingredients such as witch hazel and aloe offers natural relief.
- Apple cider or white vinegar – These can aid in alleviating the pain, inflammation, burning sensation and itchiness associated with hemorrhoids. Soak a cotton ball with apple cider vinegar or white vinegar and apply. For internal, take in a teaspoon of vinegar along with a glass of water a minimum of two times a day.
- Products – There are natural products in the market like Venapro and Hem-Relief that offers almost instant relief from hemorrhoids. Such product works within 24-48 hours upon consumption or application.
Prevention is Always Better
Prevention is always a better option than treating hemorrhoids through a combination of home remedies and techniques. In most cases, preventive measures can put a stop to hemorrhoids or at least keep it from getting worse. Some of the things that you can do at home as a part of your hemorrhoid treatments at home include the following:
- Diet modification – consume foods that are high in fiber like fruits and vegetables to facilitate a healthy bowel movement.
- Hydrate – Drink more water at least 8 glasses each day to soften your stool.
- Exercise – Increased activity can aid in relieving strain on your veins. Hence, hemorrhoids and exercise are two related things.
If you successfully followed all these tips on how to get rid of hemorrhoids at home, the chances of healing can be very high.