In this article, we will cover the subject of “internal hemorrhoids treatment” and its causes and symptoms.
Hemorrhoids are described as the swollen veins in the anus. This health problem can be very painful, but it is not considered an emergency. It comes in two forms: internal and external hemorrhoids. In this article, the focus will be more on internal hemorrhoids, its causes, symptoms and possible treatments.
Internal Hemorrhoids Treatment Overview – What Are Internal Hemorrhoids?
Internal types are veins that become swollen inside the anus. The thing with this condition is that these are too distant within the anus that you will not actually feel or see them. Oftentimes, these swollen veins are small, but they can be really huge and sagging to the point that it forms lumps outside the rectum.
What Are The Causes of Internal Hemorrhoids?
This type of this disorder can be associated to various factors such as the following:
- Extreme pressure – Too heavy pressure on the rectal and pelvic veins. Under normal circumstances, the tissues within the anus are filled with blood to direct bowel movements. In case you strain in passing stool, the extra pressure makes the veins within the tissues to stretch and swell resulting to piles.
- Diarrhea or constipation – Both these digestive conditions could cause straining and elevated pressure on the anal canal veins.
- Pregnancy – Internal type can be very prevalent in pregnant women especially during the beginning of second trimester. This is due to the increased weight on the pelvic vessels. Also, the actual labor could lead to piles brought about by pushing.
- Obesity – The excess weight of the body bears down on the vessels in the pelvic area causing swelling.
The Symptoms of Internal Hemorrhoids
The typical symptoms of this condition are as follows:
- Bright red bleeding after a bowel movement especially if you strain.
- Pain in the rectal area
- Mucus on the stool in cases of bulged hemorrhoids
If you feel or experience any of these symptoms, it is best treat it right away to prevent it from worsening.
The Possible Treatments of Internal Hemorrhoids
Blood clots can be one of the complications of neglecting internal type. It can be a bit challenging since these are hidden inside the anal cavity. However, it can be easily treated by simple home remedies like as follows:
- Sitz bath – This can be done by filling a tub with warm water and sitting on it for around 10-15 minutes. The buttocks and hips should be submerged into water. This treatment could alleviate swelling and improve blood flow in the affected region. For best results, it should be done at least 3 times a day.
- Radish juice – drinking radish juice is a proven method for treating internal piles. This could lessen the inflammation and burning sensation.
- Diet and exercise – A diet rich in fiber and water along with adequate exercise are among the best natural remedies for this illness.
- Surgery – In case natural home remedies cannot manage the condition any longer, surgical intervention is the next possible treatment.
Now that you know about the basics about internal hemorrhoids treatment, you will surely be able to apply the best interventions in case you need to.